Thunderstruck Motors Isolated DC-DC converters have 13.8V output with a max of 50 amps (burst at 12V). 8"x5.5" Footprint. 3 lbs.
The ipDCIS series isolated DC-DC converter utilizes advanced high frequency power conversion technology and is designed to convert high voltage battery power for a 12V vehicle accessory system including battery charging, lights, electronics, etc.
This DC-DC converter is electrically isolated from input to output to ensure safe use, operates at a high efficiency, and has a stabilized output voltage capable of charging 12v batteries and safely operating electronic equipment. Multiple DC-DC converters can be used in parallel to increase output current.
The following table gives operating specifications for each of the DCDC converters of this type available at Thunderstruck Motors.
|Model||Input Voltage||Output Voltage||Output Current|
|48v||36v - 75v||13.8v (no load)||50 amps|
|72v||40v - 90v||13.8v (no load)||50 amps|
|96v||72v - 135v||13.8v (no load)||50 amps|
|144v||110v - 180v||13.8v (no load)||50 amps|
Maximum Efficiency: ≥88%
Environmental Enclosure: IP65
Operating Temperature: -20℃-+60℃
Water & vibration Resistant: Enclosure is sealed to protect from water and vibration.
Enable Switch Control: The converter can be controlled by a switch or relay on the enable (green) wire circuit. Connect to pack positive to enable.Overheat Protection: Automatically reduces output current if the temperature is over 60°C, but does not shut down - this maintains power for your accessories.
Short Circuit Protection: Shuts down, then auto-resets after a short circuit is corrected.
Under Voltage Protection: Shuts down when the input voltage is too low to avoid pack over-discharge.
Output Voltage: 13.8V±0.2V @0A, >12V @50A
- Damage to the DC-DC will occur if you swap input and output wires, or if you apply reverse polarity to the connectors.
- Do not open the DC-DC Case - there is a risk of electric shock, and your warranty may be void.
- Fuses are recommended at battery connections based on wire size/capacity - not shown in the following drawings.
- We recommend an external battery maintainer for the 12v system if it is unused for a month or more.
- TSM DC-DC Converter (selected voltage)
- DC Input and Output Connectors and Pins
No posts found