Throttles output variable low voltage based on throttle position, which is interpreted by the motor contoller as torque or speed information. The throttle selections offered by Thunderstruck are used for different applications depending on desired features, including:
- FNR (Forward Neutral Reverse) capability, typically for marine applications
- Cable to control arm attachment for existing remote throttle installations
- Twist-grip or thumb activated, typcially used with motorcycles or off-road vehicles
- Foot activated throttles, typically used for 4-wheel land vehicles
- Hall-effect (magnetic) or potentiometer (resistive "pot") type throttles
The Wigwag and ET series throttles listed below handle seamless forward and reverse operation in a single unit. The Wigwag is an electric remote throttle control, and the ET units can be either electric remotes or mechanically linked using your existing throttle control and cable. Making this selection up-front is very important because the motor controller must be programmed to match your throttle choice.
Please email us if you need help determining your specific requirements.