Similar to the 0913 motor but with a sine/cosine type encoder instead of a hall sensor. This means better throttle response and less torque fluctuation at slower speeds. We've also seen higher current capabilities from the controller when matching this motor to a Gen4 controller.
Designed for long life. No brush maintenance. The motor is 92% efficient at voltages between 24 to 96 VDC. Continuous current of 125 amps AC (180 Amps DC into the motor control). This is a 3-phase, Y-connected Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with an axial air gap. It has two stators with a rotor in the center.
ME1115 and ME1917 are designations for the same motor.
- This is a 4 pole motor (8 magnets)
- The Phase to Phase winding resistance is 0.013 Ohms
- The maximum recommended rotor speed is 5000 RPM
- Voltages from 0 to 96 VDC input to the control
- Torque constant of 0.15 Nm per Amp
- The Inductance Phase to Phase is 0.10 Milli-Henry with 28 turns per phase
- Armature Inertia is 45 Kg Cm Squared
- Peak current of 420 Amps AC for 1 minute (600 Amps DC into the motor control)
- Weight of 35 pounds
- Peak Stall Torque of 60 FtLb
- This is an Open Frame, Fan Cooled motor
This motor is used in our 10kw boat kits with a sevcon controller. We recommend using a Curtis controller if used with an on-road vehicle.
Includes temperature sensor.