Master Control Unit (MCU)
** New Product **
The Thunderstruck Master Control Unit (MCU) is our newest offering for the DIY EV enthusiast. Combining features from our BMSC, EVCC, and Dilithium Display, this device controls battery charging, management, and display functions from a single platform. It has multiple programmable inputs and outputs, two CANbus interfaces, and two IsoSPI interfaces that connect to BMS measurement units. The MCU supports existing 24-cell Dilithium BMS Satellite units as well as a new 18-cell BMS Satellite.
The MCU also supports A123 Systems battery modules found in many retired heavy vehicles. The MCU has been designed as an expandable platform, with additional features planned for future upgrades.
The standard EV system using the MCU includes our TSM2500 charger(s), Dilithium Design Display (with current sensor) and Dilithium BMS 24-cell and 18-cell satellite units for cell measurement. The MCU case is a 4.1 x 2.65 x 1.1 inch plastic enclosure with mounting flanges.
• Original BMSC and EVCC features including cell balancing and reporting, thermistor reporting and charge control
• J1772 support with auto-start and Type 2 compatibility
• Controls up to 4 Thunderstruck Chargers for high-speed charging
• Hall sensor input for current counting SOC reporting to Dilithium or analog display
• User configurable parameters via text-based freeware user interface
• Display drivers for Dilithium Design Display, Curtis Engage II, Speedhut
• Five programmable inputs and five programmable outputs
• 12v switched output for controlling an external device such as relays
• PWM Output for driving resistive sensor analog fuel gauges
• Two independent canbus networks configurable for 250kbs or 500 kbs baud rates
• Two IsoSPI networks for Dilithium BMS satellites
• CANOpen and OBDII Support
Dilithium EV Display
- 3" touch screen graphical at-a-glance battery status and SOC display – MCU canbus controlled
- Hall type, for MCU display features - 420 and 1000 amp current ranges available
- BMS Satellite units with either 2x12 or 1x18 cell groups for a wide range of cells and modules
- Used OEM modules with integrated BMS satellite units. Simple MCU hookup via canbus.
- MCU controls one to four TSM chargers over canbus for custom charging solutions
- Connects to MCU for EVSE source control and connection safety
Charger Connector Diagram
Charger Troubleshooting Guide
Serial Port Utilities Installation
Putty Install Video