* 18 Cell Satellites temporarily out of stock *
Thunderstruck's Dilithium Design BMS satellites are connected to a BMS controller via daisy-chain communication networks (isoSPI). Multiple satellites allow monitoring a large number of cells in a pack, with various cell configurations. A BMS Satellite cannot operate without a controller (MCU or BMSC).
24-cell satellites contain 2 groups of 12 cells - each with an LTC measurement device. The 18-cell satellite has a single LTC device for 18 cells. A minimum of 4 cells must be connected to any single LTC device (6 cells for the 18-cell LTC). A wide variety of pack layouts and cell counts can be accommodated with satellites.
Examples of BMS controllers from Thunderstruck are the BMSC (BMS Controller) and the MCU (Master Control Unit).
- The BMS Controller manages 24 cells alone, and wth 24-cell satellites added, can support up to 96 cells.
- The MCU does not manage cells alone, but connects to either 24-cell or 18-cell satellites to manage as many as 288 cells in a pack.
A harness test board is required for testing BMSS cell harnesses. One is provided with the standard BMSC kit, but when ordering an MCU, select the harness test board applicable to the satellites in your order. If you order a 24-cell satellite, you will need a 12-cell test board, and if you order 18-cell satellite, you will need an 18-cell test board. See the Harness Test Board page for more info.
- BMS Satellite (24 or 18 cell, as selected)
- Cell Harness(es)
- Communication connector and wiring
Harness test board is not provided. Typically purchased with MCU or BMSC, it can also be purchased separately: Harness Tester.
No posts found