The Dilithium Design Battery Management System Controller (BMSC) is a modular BMS designed for Electric Vehicle applications. The BMS is implemented as two assemblies. The BMSC consists of the BMS Processor and a BMS measurement board in a single enclosure. The BMS Satellite (BMSS) contains only a BMS measurement board. The BMSC is a standalone 24 cell BMS, and up to three BMSS 24 cell satellites may be added, resulting in 48, 72, and 96 cell systems.
The BMS measurement board has been optimized for monitoring cells in large lithium packs and was designed to minimize power consumption, especially during long-term storage where battery drain is unacceptable.
The BMSC diagnostics verify proper functioning of measurement circuitry, verify cell wiring, and monitor for communication errors. In operation, all cells in the system are measured approximately 8 times per second to millivolt precision.
During operation, the BMSC collects pack and cell statistics. Statistics include high and low cell watermark data which can be used to track cell performance under load, and standard deviation which measures pack balance.
The BMSC supports several alert conditions. When operating, an alert is generated if any cell drops below the configurable Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) threshold. When charging, an alert is generated over canbus or loop outputs if any cell rises above the High Voltage Cutoff (HVC) threshold. A connected charge controller (EVCC) can respond to these alerts to disable charging, trigger audible alerts or operate external relays.
The BMSC supports an option for cell balancing. Each cell is compared to the pack cell voltage average and a group of balancing candidates is continuously re-evaluated. Cell balancing occurs for selected cells only when above a configurable voltage.
A newly added feature to the BMSC allows the unit to control one TSM2500 charger.
- Serial Cable is required for system initialization and custom configuration (included if selected above).
- Purchase additional BMSS 24 Satellites for packs larger than 24 cells.
- A 12-Cell BMS Harness Test Board is automatically included in your BMSC order at no additional cost.
- The BMSC case is roughly 5 3/8" x 3 3/8" and 1 1/8" tall.
User Interface Software
- BMS Controller with 24-cell internal measurement board
- Two 12-Cell measurement harnesses
- Low voltage Connector and wiring
- Wire release tool for connectors
- 12-Cell harness test board
- 12v Light/Buzzer (for operator alert)